MCLEAN, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/10/12 -- Cognosante, a leading provider of IT services for healthcare organizations, today released a new white paper, "A Roadmap for States Using the Federally Facilitated Exchange."
The passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) resulted in significant changes to the ways Americans will access and purchase health insurance. A key feature of the ACA, and one that may have the biggest impact on state budgets and personnel, is the requirement for states to have a health insurance exchange (HIX) up and functioning by January 1, 2014.
This paper outlines the steps which states must take should they elect the Federally Facilitated Exchange (FFE) model and includes a high-level roadmap for implementing the FFE at the state level. Cognosante summarizes the recommended actions for states to adopt the FFE model and highlights key areas and actions required to achieve successful implementation.
To read Cognosante's white paper, "A Roadmap for States Using the Federally Facilitated Exchange," click here.
Cognosante is a leading provider of IT services to healthcare organizations. The company has more than 25 years of experience working with 47 states to assist its clients in developing, managing and executing complex healthcare information programs and infrastructures. Its expertise includes standards development, interoperability, business and technical architecture, modular system integration, health informatics, Medicaid, health information exchange, improper payment, health insurance exchange, NwHIN, and The Direct Project. Please visit www.cognosante.com for more information.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Eileen Cassidy Rivera
Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Rubio Offers Endorsements, Cash to 2014 GOP Candidates
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- GM Plant Tackles Tough Waste Challenge
- Sonoma Growers Win Emerald Cup Cannabis Competition
- Cantor Fitzgerald Settles Suit
- Pope Removes U.S. Archbishop from Powerful Post
- Researchers Question Effectiveness of Vitamins
- Vets Vow to Fight for Benefits in Budget Battle