MCLEAN, VA -- (Marketwire) -- 10/10/12 -- Cognosante, a leading provider of IT services for healthcare organizations, today released a new white paper, "A Roadmap for States Using the Federally Facilitated Exchange."
The passage of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) resulted in significant changes to the ways Americans will access and purchase health insurance. A key feature of the ACA, and one that may have the biggest impact on state budgets and personnel, is the requirement for states to have a health insurance exchange (HIX) up and functioning by January 1, 2014.
This paper outlines the steps which states must take should they elect the Federally Facilitated Exchange (FFE) model and includes a high-level roadmap for implementing the FFE at the state level. Cognosante summarizes the recommended actions for states to adopt the FFE model and highlights key areas and actions required to achieve successful implementation.
To read Cognosante's white paper, "A Roadmap for States Using the Federally Facilitated Exchange," click here.
Cognosante is a leading provider of IT services to healthcare organizations. The company has more than 25 years of experience working with 47 states to assist its clients in developing, managing and executing complex healthcare information programs and infrastructures. Its expertise includes standards development, interoperability, business and technical architecture, modular system integration, health informatics, Medicaid, health information exchange, improper payment, health insurance exchange, NwHIN, and The Direct Project. Please visit www.cognosante.com for more information.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Eileen Cassidy Rivera
Vice President, Marketing and Communications
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women