Chef Richard Sandoval is bringing his Pan-Latin cuisine to the InterContinental Miami.
As part of the hotel's multi-million dollar redesign, Sandoval's Toro Toro will open later this month in the main lobby with a creative Pan-Latin interpretation of a contemporary steakhouse. The operation will be a joint venture between the hotel and Sandoval.
The culinary offerings will include a mix of small plates like ceviche and arepas, steaks served a la carte, meats carved rodizio-style at the table and other main plates. Sandoval's first Toro Toro opened earlier this year in Dubai. The Miami location will serve both lunch and dinner, with average prices of $25 for lunch and $65 for dinner.
"This was a perfect concept for Miami," Sandoval said. "Miami is so multi-cultural and with so many Latin influences."
Sandoval, a James Beard Award nominee, already opened a fast-casual dining concept on Brickell Avenue earlier this year: Kokoriko Natural Rotisserie. Worldwide, he has more than 34 successful restaurants worldwide, with restaurants in New York, Las Vegas and Washington DC. Toro Toro Miami is the fourth collaboration between Chef Sandoval and Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc., the owner of the InterContinental Miami and 17 other upscale and luxury hotels and resorts in North America and Europe.
Sandoval calls Miami "one of his favorite cities," and says he was attracted by the development activity happening in the downtown area.
"It's an exciting market with a lot more chefs opening restaurants," he said. "You're seeing the whole dynamics of that area really change. There's a renaissance of hotels and restaurants."
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW