Newly installed Yahoo chief Marissa Meyer
has a new baby to nurture. The former Google executive gave birth to
a baby boy Sunday night, her husband Zachary Bogue tweeted and both
mother and child and doing well.
Mayer, 37, took over ailing Yahoo in July and presented her turnaround plan for the struggling web giant to company employees last week.
Her pregnancy was known at the time she was hired for Yahoo, but was dismissed as a non-issue since Mayer said she would continue working from home even when she took a few weeks maternity leave.
Mayer joined Google in 1999 and as the company's first female engineer she played key roles in the development of Google Search, Google Maps, Google News, Gmail and other products.
Most Popular Stories
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'