Hollywood actress Drew Barrymore confirmed Monday she gave birth to her first child, a daughter named Olive, last week.
"We are proud to announce the birth of our daughter, Olive Barrymore Kopelman, born Sept. 26, healthy, happy and welcomed by the whole family," the actress and her husband, art consultant Will Kopelman, told People.com in a statement. "Thank you for respecting our privacy during this most special time in our lives."
No other details regarding the child's birth were immediately released.
Barrymore and Kopelman married in June.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- Georgia GOP Preaches Minority Outreach
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina