Hollywood filmmaker David O. Russell is denying allegations he inappropriately fondled his teen, pre-operative transgender nephew's breasts.
"David O. Russell emphatically denies any wrongdoing and has cooperated fully with the authorities," Russell's representative told TMZ Friday.
The Smoking Gun cited the Broward County Sheriff's Department as saying the 53-year-old director is under investigation for battery after the 19-year-old son of his adopted sister filed a complaint alleging Russell touched his breasts while they were working out in a Florida hotel gym last month.
The alleged victim said they were discussing the effects of the hormones he was taking as part of the transgender process when Russell put his hands under his shirt and fondled both of his breasts.
TMZ said Russell told investigators he touched the teen's breasts after he gave him permission and meant him no harm.
The celebrity news Web site said the case will eventually be submitted to the Florida State's Attorney's Office, which will decide if charges will be filed against the director of the "The Fighter," "I Heart Huckabees" and "Three Kings."
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column