Hollywood filmmaker David O. Russell is denying allegations he inappropriately fondled his teen, pre-operative transgender nephew's breasts.
"David O. Russell emphatically denies any wrongdoing and has cooperated fully with the authorities," Russell's representative told TMZ Friday.
The Smoking Gun cited the Broward County Sheriff's Department as saying the 53-year-old director is under investigation for battery after the 19-year-old son of his adopted sister filed a complaint alleging Russell touched his breasts while they were working out in a Florida hotel gym last month.
The alleged victim said they were discussing the effects of the hormones he was taking as part of the transgender process when Russell put his hands under his shirt and fondled both of his breasts.
TMZ said Russell told investigators he touched the teen's breasts after he gave him permission and meant him no harm.
The celebrity news Web site said the case will eventually be submitted to the Florida State's Attorney's Office, which will decide if charges will be filed against the director of the "The Fighter," "I Heart Huckabees" and "Three Kings."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text