International CES 2012 -- Myriad Group AG (SIX: MYRN), the company powering billions of rich mobile social and web experiences on any connected device, and Broadcom Corporation , a global leader in semiconductor solutions for wired and wireless communications today announced a joint effort to drive the Android ecosystem to televisions. Myriad's Alien Vue is now supported on a range of Broadcom set-top box platforms, simplifying the delivery of a new suite of Android-based interactive apps to the TV.
See Broadcom's Dual HD Transcoding MoCA 2.0 Gateway SoC solution, powered by Myriad software at CES 2012 or view a demo of Myriad's Alien Vue solution prior to CES.
The Myriad and Broadcom solution provides TV viewers an Android-like environment with access to thousands of new apps and entertainment services. Broadcom-enabled STBs with Myriad Alien Vue also support plug-ins like Myriad Connect & Share, which offer multi-screen functionality for personal and premium content. This DLNA solution gives TV consumers access to the Android marketplace while offering operators increased revenue opportunities.
Myriad Alien Vue is unique in that not only does it allow customers to leverage their existing TV and set-top box equipment to access Android apps, it also works seamlessly with mobile phones and tablets giving users complete control over their TV experience.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool