Demi Moore is to play a supporting role as feminist activist Gloria Steinem in a bio-picture about American porn star Linda Lovelace, Variety said.
Amanda Seyfried is to play the title character in "Lovelace," which is being directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman.
The cast of the independent big-screen drama includes Adam Brody, Eric Roberts, Peter Sarsgaard, Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria, Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Robert Patrick, Romeo Brown and James Franco.
Steinem founded Ms. Magazine, which published an article called "The Real Linda Lovelace." In the story, Lovelace claimed she was forced into the porn business by her former husband.
Steinem was very supportive of Lovelace when she left the porn business, joined the feminist anti-pornography movement and penned her memoirs, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields