Demi Moore is to play a supporting role as feminist activist Gloria Steinem in a bio-picture about American porn star Linda Lovelace, Variety said.
Amanda Seyfried is to play the title character in "Lovelace," which is being directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman.
The cast of the independent big-screen drama includes Adam Brody, Eric Roberts, Peter Sarsgaard, Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria, Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Robert Patrick, Romeo Brown and James Franco.
Steinem founded Ms. Magazine, which published an article called "The Real Linda Lovelace." In the story, Lovelace claimed she was forced into the porn business by her former husband.
Steinem was very supportive of Lovelace when she left the porn business, joined the feminist anti-pornography movement and penned her memoirs, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Most Popular Stories
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- It's No Yolk: Food-tech Startups Take Aim at Replacing Eggs
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief