Demi Moore is to play a supporting role as feminist activist Gloria Steinem in a bio-picture about American porn star Linda Lovelace, Variety said.
Amanda Seyfried is to play the title character in "Lovelace," which is being directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman.
The cast of the independent big-screen drama includes Adam Brody, Eric Roberts, Peter Sarsgaard, Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria, Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Robert Patrick, Romeo Brown and James Franco.
Steinem founded Ms. Magazine, which published an article called "The Real Linda Lovelace." In the story, Lovelace claimed she was forced into the porn business by her former husband.
Steinem was very supportive of Lovelace when she left the porn business, joined the feminist anti-pornography movement and penned her memoirs, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Russia, Ukraine Now Face Off Over Football Clubs
- Law Lets Users Unlock Cellphones
- Motorists Get Rare Summer Break on Gas Prices
- Body Parts Retrieved at MH17 Crash Site
- Obama Vows to Veto House Immigration Bill
- Government Meets Goal for Small-business Contracts
- Reno Gigafactory No Cinch to Land Tesla Plant
- MassMutual Teams Up With ALPFA
- Chrysler U.S. Sales in July Hit 9-Year High