Demi Moore is to play a supporting role as feminist activist Gloria Steinem in a bio-picture about American porn star Linda Lovelace, Variety said.
Amanda Seyfried is to play the title character in "Lovelace," which is being directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman.
The cast of the independent big-screen drama includes Adam Brody, Eric Roberts, Peter Sarsgaard, Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria, Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Robert Patrick, Romeo Brown and James Franco.
Steinem founded Ms. Magazine, which published an article called "The Real Linda Lovelace." In the story, Lovelace claimed she was forced into the porn business by her former husband.
Steinem was very supportive of Lovelace when she left the porn business, joined the feminist anti-pornography movement and penned her memoirs, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women