Demi Moore is to play a supporting role as feminist activist Gloria Steinem in a bio-picture about American porn star Linda Lovelace, Variety said.
Amanda Seyfried is to play the title character in "Lovelace," which is being directed by Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman.
The cast of the independent big-screen drama includes Adam Brody, Eric Roberts, Peter Sarsgaard, Sharon Stone, Juno Temple, Wes Bentley, Hank Azaria, Bobby Cannavale, Chris Noth, Robert Patrick, Romeo Brown and James Franco.
Steinem founded Ms. Magazine, which published an article called "The Real Linda Lovelace." In the story, Lovelace claimed she was forced into the porn business by her former husband.
Steinem was very supportive of Lovelace when she left the porn business, joined the feminist anti-pornography movement and penned her memoirs, the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore