Tr3s: MTV, Música y Más has announced new original content for 2012--including a series executive produced by Jennifer Lopez, and another executive produced Wilmer Valderrama.
Jennifer Lopez's series in development, along with producing partner Simon Fields and veteran film and television producer Jane Startz, is called Amigas, Inc. The series Amigas Inc. chronicles the lives of four entrepreneurial Miami-based teens who launch a party planning business. The series is due to launch in fall 2012 as an English-language series.
"I'm so excited to bring the Amigas series to television and to share the rich cultural experiences of being a Latino that are universal to us all," said Jennifer Lopez. "I hope that this series will entertain audiences and inspire my fans to pursue their own dreams."
Wilmer Valderrama is developing The Ricardo Laguna Project, a docu-series starring Mexican-American BMX champ Ricardo Laguna, which will see Laguna attempt to break world records as well as navigate the Las Vegas scene.
"When I met Ricardo, I immediately discovered a disarming, charming and inspiring young man with a vision larger than even his whole family expected," said Valderrama. "I related to him on so many levels. Ricardo and his family remind me and all of us the reason why we move away from our countries and come to America to embark in the search of the American dream."
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Honda Says Sorry About the Lack of Electric Fits