Mr. Dictator Head, a series of sculptures by English-born Aussie artist Stephen Ives, is opening eyes in the art world.
By adding a mustache here, a distinctive pair of eyebrows there, Ives took the familiar children's toy Mr. Potato Head and turned it into the likes of Stalin, Saddam Hussein and Kim Jong-il.
There's even a Margaret Thatcher. Not exactly a dictator, but she wouldn't hesitate to give you a jolly good whacking. Just ask Argentina.
Needless to say, this has turned the art world on its ... um, head.
Here are some pix.
Here are some more.
Check out Ives' other 3-D work while you're at it. Like "Helium Jet Baby." That is ... that is great, is what that is.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- It's Primary Time in Texas
- How to Survive a Subzero Stranding
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia