Today is National Irish Coffee Day. Like many of the befuddling, seemingly origin-less "holidays" that pop up on Internet-based holiday calendars (see: National Popcorn Day, National Peanut Butter Day, etc.), we have very little idea of why throngs of people are ascribing National Irish Coffee Day to January 25. However, also like those other days, it's a fine excuse to indulge in whatever is being celebrated. Accordingly, here's a fine, fine Irish Coffee recipe to warm you up.
The basic Irish Coffee recipe follows -- and could hardly be any easier:
BASIC NATIONAL IRISH COFFEE DAY RECIPE
6 oz. of hot coffee
2 sugar cubes or teaspoons of sugar
1.5 oz. of Irish whiskey (suggestions: Tullamore Dew)
Heavy cream for whipping
Whip the cream ahead of time. Combine the other ingredients, mix until sugar dissolves. Top it off with the whipped cream. Enjoy!
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11