Today is National Irish Coffee Day. Like many of the befuddling, seemingly origin-less "holidays" that pop up on Internet-based holiday calendars (see: National Popcorn Day, National Peanut Butter Day, etc.), we have very little idea of why throngs of people are ascribing National Irish Coffee Day to January 25. However, also like those other days, it's a fine excuse to indulge in whatever is being celebrated. Accordingly, here's a fine, fine Irish Coffee recipe to warm you up.
The basic Irish Coffee recipe follows -- and could hardly be any easier:
BASIC NATIONAL IRISH COFFEE DAY RECIPE
6 oz. of hot coffee
2 sugar cubes or teaspoons of sugar
1.5 oz. of Irish whiskey (suggestions: Tullamore Dew)
Heavy cream for whipping
Whip the cream ahead of time. Combine the other ingredients, mix until sugar dissolves. Top it off with the whipped cream. Enjoy!
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects