Actress Demi Moore, 49, was rushed to the hospital on Monday night for substance abuse.
Moore's rep had this to say, according to TMZ.com and US Weekly: "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
A 911 call was placed at 10:45 p.m., Monday, Jan. 23. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital, reports TMZ.
Moore recently was in the news for her split from actor Ashton Kutcher, 33.
They were married six years.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Tim Cook Has Proved That Apple is His Baby
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Royals Beat A's in 12-inning Wild Card Thriller
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Construction Spending Down Again for August
- What to Look for in Mich. Jobs Market
- Obama Seeks Traction From Economic Recovery
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry