Actress Demi Moore, 49, was rushed to the hospital on Monday night for substance abuse.
Moore's rep had this to say, according to TMZ.com and US Weekly: "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
A 911 call was placed at 10:45 p.m., Monday, Jan. 23. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital, reports TMZ.
Moore recently was in the news for her split from actor Ashton Kutcher, 33.
They were married six years.
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Cost of Health Care Slowing in U.S.
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Microsoft Says XBox Is No Big Brother
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip