Actress Demi Moore, 49, was rushed to the hospital on Monday night for substance abuse.
Moore's rep had this to say, according to TMZ.com and US Weekly: "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
A 911 call was placed at 10:45 p.m., Monday, Jan. 23. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital, reports TMZ.
Moore recently was in the news for her split from actor Ashton Kutcher, 33.
They were married six years.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel