Actress Demi Moore, 49, was rushed to the hospital on Monday night for substance abuse.
Moore's rep had this to say, according to TMZ.com and US Weekly: "Because of the stresses in her life right now, Demi has chosen to seek professional assistance to treat her exhaustion and improve her overall health. She looks forward to getting well and is grateful for the support of her family and friends."
A 911 call was placed at 10:45 p.m., Monday, Jan. 23. Paramedics responded to Demi's L.A. home and after assessing her for a half hour, she was transported to a local hospital, reports TMZ.
Moore recently was in the news for her split from actor Ashton Kutcher, 33.
They were married six years.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11