The TV programs "Castle" and "How I Met Your Mother," and singer Katy Perry picked up multiple People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles Wednesday night.
"Castle" was named Favorite TV Crime Drama, while its star Nathan Fillion earned the Favorite TV Drama Actor accolade.
"Mother" was voted Favorite Network Comedy and cast member Neil Patrick Harris Favorite TV Comedy Actor. Pop star Katy Perry won the award for Favorite TV Guest Star for her appearance on "Mother."
Perry, who canceled her plans to attend the ceremony after her husband, comedian Russell Brand, filed for divorce, also won the awards for Favorite Female Artist and Favorite Tour Headliner, Favorite Song of the Year for "E.T." featuring Kanye West and Favorite Music Video for "Last Friday Night."
"Glee's" Lea Michele was declared Favorite TV Comedy Actress and Nina Dobrev from "The Vampire Diaries" Favorite TV Drama Actress.
"Supernatural" took the prizes for Favorite Network TV Drama and Favorite Sci-Fi/Fantasy Show, while the Favorite Cable TV Drama title went to "Pretty Little Liars."
Ellen DeGeneres scooped up the trophy for Favorite Daytime TV Host and Kim Kardashian went home with the statuette for Favorite TV CelebReality Star.
Fans chose Jimmy Fallon as Favorite Late Night TV Host and "Hot in Cleveland" as Favorite Cable TV Comedy.
Kaley Cuoco, one of the stars of "The Big Bang Theory," served as host of the 38th annual People's Choice Awards ceremony, which aired on CBS.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Lockheed Martin Ends Gifts to Boy Scouts Over Gay Ban
- Texting With Vodka: Booze and Social Media Can Mix After All
- Menendez Pushes for Iran Sanctions
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- Stripped-Down Defense Bill Creates Winners, Losers
- Debt Ceiling Looms Again as Deadline Approaches
- Deportation Threat Looms Larger Than Citizenship Among Hispanics
- How to Protect Yourself After Target Data Breach
- Baucus May Be Next China Ambassador