Wednesday, Sept. 7, was officially declared "Buddy Holly Day" in Los Angeles on what would have been the rock legend's 75th birthday.
Holly is getting a posthumous star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame -- the 2,447th star on the streets of Hollywood. It will be located in front of Capitol Records at 1750 N. Vine Street.
Holly's widow, Maria Elena Holly, will accept the star on behalf of her late husband.
Singer and producer Peter Asher, Phil Everly of the Everly Brothers and actor Gary Busey, who was nominated for an Oscar for his portrayal of Holly, are scheduled to speak.
The presentation is scheduled for 11:30 a.m.
Holly died in a plane crash in 1959. He was 22 years old. He was ranked by Rolling Stone magazine among the 50 greatest artists of all time.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women