Ben & Jerry's has been known to pay homage to entertainers in its iconic ice creams, from classic Cherry Garcia to newer AmeriCone Dream (inspired by funnyman Stephen Colbert). Ben & Jerry's latest flavor, "Schweddy Balls," mines a little deeper for its inspiration, into an old "Saturday Night Live" sketch starring Ana Gasteyer, Molly Shannon and guest host Alec Baldwin.
In the skit, Shannon and Gasteyer are the hosts of an NPR-mocking food program called "Delicious Dish." Baldwin portrays show guest Pete Schweddy, and the discussion turns to his recipe, Schweddy Balls. Puns and double entendres ensue.
As for the new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Schweddy Balls is "Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls."
Schweddy Balls is a limited-batch flavor (so get it while you can).
Most Popular Stories
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Easter morning delivery for space station
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat