Ben & Jerry's has been known to pay homage to entertainers in its iconic ice creams, from classic Cherry Garcia to newer AmeriCone Dream (inspired by funnyman Stephen Colbert). Ben & Jerry's latest flavor, "Schweddy Balls," mines a little deeper for its inspiration, into an old "Saturday Night Live" sketch starring Ana Gasteyer, Molly Shannon and guest host Alec Baldwin.
In the skit, Shannon and Gasteyer are the hosts of an NPR-mocking food program called "Delicious Dish." Baldwin portrays show guest Pete Schweddy, and the discussion turns to his recipe, Schweddy Balls. Puns and double entendres ensue.
As for the new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Schweddy Balls is "Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls."
Schweddy Balls is a limited-batch flavor (so get it while you can).
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Cost of Health Care Slowing in U.S.
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Microsoft Says XBox Is No Big Brother
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip