Ben & Jerry's has been known to pay homage to entertainers in its iconic ice creams, from classic Cherry Garcia to newer AmeriCone Dream (inspired by funnyman Stephen Colbert). Ben & Jerry's latest flavor, "Schweddy Balls," mines a little deeper for its inspiration, into an old "Saturday Night Live" sketch starring Ana Gasteyer, Molly Shannon and guest host Alec Baldwin.
In the skit, Shannon and Gasteyer are the hosts of an NPR-mocking food program called "Delicious Dish." Baldwin portrays show guest Pete Schweddy, and the discussion turns to his recipe, Schweddy Balls. Puns and double entendres ensue.
As for the new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Schweddy Balls is "Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls."
Schweddy Balls is a limited-batch flavor (so get it while you can).
Most Popular Stories
- Mazda Leads the Pack for Fuel Efficiency
- 2014 Will Be 'Breakthrough Year' for U.S., Obama Says
- Prius Among Insurance Institute's 39 Top Safety Vehicles
- Target Overwhelmed by Worried Customers
- Nigella Bites Back Over 'Vilification'
- 'American Hustle' Review
- Judge Grants Order, Keeping Tonsil Surgery Tragedy Girl on Ventilator
- First Family Arrives for Hawaiian Island Holiday
- Congress Ends Turbulent Year with Approving IRS Chief
- Renewable Energy Group to Acquire Syntroleum