Ben & Jerry's has been known to pay homage to entertainers in its iconic ice creams, from classic Cherry Garcia to newer AmeriCone Dream (inspired by funnyman Stephen Colbert). Ben & Jerry's latest flavor, "Schweddy Balls," mines a little deeper for its inspiration, into an old "Saturday Night Live" sketch starring Ana Gasteyer, Molly Shannon and guest host Alec Baldwin.
In the skit, Shannon and Gasteyer are the hosts of an NPR-mocking food program called "Delicious Dish." Baldwin portrays show guest Pete Schweddy, and the discussion turns to his recipe, Schweddy Balls. Puns and double entendres ensue.
As for the new Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor, Schweddy Balls is "Fair Trade vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls."
Schweddy Balls is a limited-batch flavor (so get it while you can).
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study