Amid reports that he and wife Demi Moore are headed for a divorce, actor Ashton Kutcher posted several messages on Twitter Thursday, presumably shooting down the rumors of a split.
The couple spent their sixth anniversary 3,000 miles apart, amid tabloid reports of a San Diego fling between Kutcher and 23-year-old Sara Leal.
Early Thusday morning, the new "Two and a Half Men" star posted a song from music sharing app Spotify by Public Enemy called "Don't Believe the Hype."
Several hours later, Kutcher tweeted: "When you ASSUME to know that which you know nothing of you make an ASS out of U and ME."
Meantime, website Poponthepop.com has posted a picture that allegedly shows Kutcher in a car with Leal, who has reportedly retained a lawyer.
Demi Moore has remained mostly silent, but many are speculating that a cryptic tweet from September 23, the day before the couple's six-year anniversary, indicates a split may be imminent.
Moore quoted Greek philosopher Epictetus, saying: "When we are offended at any man's fault, turn to yourself & study your own failings. Then you will forget your anger."
Reps for Kutcher and Moore have not commented.
Kutcher has been filming "Two and a Half Men" in L.A., while Demi Moore is working on the upcoming Channing Tatum/Steven Soderbergh movie "Magic Mike" in New York.
In 2001, tabloid reports linked Kutcher to 21-year-old Brittney Jones. Kutcher and Moore denied the cheating rumors.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- Hispanic Grads Pass Their Peers in College Enrollment
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Boise Terror Suspect Pleads Not Guilty
- NTSB Wants to Lower Blood Alcohol Limit to 0.05
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr