Netflix has signed a deal with DreamWorks to stream its movies and TV specials beginning in 2013.
Netflix Inc. said Monday that the multi-year licensing deal will make it the exclusive subscription TV service for first-run films and select television specials from DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.
The companies are not giving financial terms.
Popular DreamWorks movies include "Shrek," ''Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda."
Netflix shares rose $2.42, or 1.8 percent, to $131.78 in morning trading Monday while Dreamworks shares added 5 cents to $18.79.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal