Netflix has signed a deal with DreamWorks to stream its movies and TV specials beginning in 2013.
Netflix Inc. said Monday that the multi-year licensing deal will make it the exclusive subscription TV service for first-run films and select television specials from DreamWorks Animation SKG Inc.
The companies are not giving financial terms.
Popular DreamWorks movies include "Shrek," ''Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda."
Netflix shares rose $2.42, or 1.8 percent, to $131.78 in morning trading Monday while Dreamworks shares added 5 cents to $18.79.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW