Wendy's is now selling "Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburger" -- but what is it? And how is it different from Wendy's traditional cheeseburger, which hadn't changed since 1969? Simply put, it's a burger two years in the making.
-- Red onion instead of white.
-- Crinkled pickles
-- Extra cheese
-- Bigger beef patty
-- A buttered bun
-- The bun is also toasted
-- No mustard
The Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburgers are available in quarter-pound, half-pound, and three-quarter-pound servings. According to Wendy's own nutritional website, the slimmest of the burgers, the standard quarter-pound Dave's Hot 'N Juicy Cheeseburger, is 580 calories, with half those coming from fat, as well as 33 grams of total fat, 14 grams of which are saturated fat. The burger carries 42 carbohydrates and 31 grams of protein. Accordingly, like with many fast food products, consumers should take care to be aware of what they are putting into their bodies.
Fans of classic Wendy's burgers need not fret; the patties are still the signature square shape, and orders are customizable, should certain features not appeal to you.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction