"The Latino List," directed by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders, will be premiered in Miami Tuesday at The Colony Theatre.
The HBO Documentary Films presentation provides glimpses into the culture of Hispanic America through a series of video portaits of Hispanics who have contributed to the fabric of current society.
"The Latino List" will debut on HBO Latino on Sept. 28 at 9 p.m. EDT and on HBO on Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. EDT
On hand for the premiere screening of "The Latino List" will be five of the people featured in the documentary:
-- Gloria Estefan, singer, songwriter and actress.
-- Emilio Estefan, musician and producer.
-- Jose Moreno Hernandez, American engineer and NASA astronaut.
-- Armando Christian Perez, "Pitbull," singer, record producter and pop star.
-- Julie Stav, financial planner, author and host of a daily call-in radio show.
Other Hispanics feature in the documentary include actress America Ferrera; writer Sandra Cisneros; former Army member Consuela Castillo kickbusch; actor, comedian, voice artist and producer John Leguizamo; actress, activist, philantrophist Eva Longoria; Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J.; golfer Juan Antonio "Chi-Chi" Rodrigues; ACLU Executive Director Anthony D. Romero; radio personality Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo; Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayer; and Marta Morena Vega, found, Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora institute.
Interviews in the documentary are conducted by Maria Hinojosa, NPR Correspondent.
Most Popular Stories
- Supreme Court Rules Against Arizona Registration Law
- Entries for the 2013 Social Media Leadership Awards
- Guns Are Hot in California
- George Zimmerman Arrest Viewed Differently According to Race
- Edward Snowden Wrong About Hong Kong, Some in Territory Say
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- U.K. Spied on G20 Emails, Phone Calls
- Social Media in the Public Sector
- Icelandic Whalers Head Out to Sea
- Boeing, Airbus Vie for Big Orders at Paris Air Show