"The Latino List," directed by Timothy Greenfield-Sanders, will be premiered in Miami Tuesday at The Colony Theatre.
The HBO Documentary Films presentation provides glimpses into the culture of Hispanic America through a series of video portaits of Hispanics who have contributed to the fabric of current society.
"The Latino List" will debut on HBO Latino on Sept. 28 at 9 p.m. EDT and on HBO on Sept. 29 at 8 p.m. EDT
On hand for the premiere screening of "The Latino List" will be five of the people featured in the documentary:
-- Gloria Estefan, singer, songwriter and actress.
-- Emilio Estefan, musician and producer.
-- Jose Moreno Hernandez, American engineer and NASA astronaut.
-- Armando Christian Perez, "Pitbull," singer, record producter and pop star.
-- Julie Stav, financial planner, author and host of a daily call-in radio show.
Other Hispanics feature in the documentary include actress America Ferrera; writer Sandra Cisneros; former Army member Consuela Castillo kickbusch; actor, comedian, voice artist and producer John Leguizamo; actress, activist, philantrophist Eva Longoria; Sen. Robert Menendez, D-N.J.; golfer Juan Antonio "Chi-Chi" Rodrigues; ACLU Executive Director Anthony D. Romero; radio personality Eddie "Piolin" Sotelo; Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayer; and Marta Morena Vega, found, Caribbean Cultural Center African Diaspora institute.
Interviews in the documentary are conducted by Maria Hinojosa, NPR Correspondent.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Ford's Supplier Diversity Program Turns 35
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion