Alfred Ramirez has been named vice president of government relations and diversity for Group O, a packaging distribution, supply chain and marketing services firm based in Milan, Ill., according to a news release from the company.
In this role, Ramirez will be responsible for identifying and developing key initiatives, relationships and opportunities across government, diversity and enterprise environments. He will manage and execute the programs and tactics to support existing and new strategic account development.
Ramirez served in President Clinton's administration as associate director in the White House Office of Presidential Personnel. He also served as senior adviser at the Corporation for National Service and as executive director of the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans at the U.S. Department of Education.
Ramirez also has been faculty adviser and assistant director of admissions and minority recruitment for Columbia University; special assistant to former San Antonio Mayor Henry Cisneros; and as a corporate recruiter and human resource specialist at Transamerica.
Group O ranked No. 9 on this year's Hispanic Business 500 directory with revenues of $515.1 million in 2010. The company employs 1,350 people. It also ranked No. 39 on HispanicBusiness magazine's Faster-Growing 100 directory with a five year's sales growth of 112 percent. It came in at No. 20 on the 50 Top Exporters directory. It gets 2 percent of its revenues from exports, earning $10.5 million in 2010.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party