Russell Crowe will join Mark Wahlberg in the indie cop drama "Broken City," according to Variety.com.
Allen Hughes will direct the film and production is set to start in November.
Crowe will "play the mayor who hires a detective to investigate whether his wife is cheating, leading to a murder of her partner and the uncovering a real estate scandal," according to Variety.
Wahlberg also is one of six producers of the film.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go