Michael Jackson, who tragically passed away at the age of 50, would have celebrated his 53rd birthday today.
Michael Jackson was born on August 29, 1958, in Gary, Indiana. He went on to make pop history with four of his brothers in the Jackson 5, then more or less eclipsed every other performer in history as a solo act, setting records for album sales, notably with 1982's Thriller, still the best-selling album of all time.
Even as The King of Pop's hometown of Gary, Indiana is celebrating his life, the controversy over his death remains. Dr. Conrad Murry, who was Jackson's doctor at the time of his death, is going to trial on charges of involuntary manslaughter and could face up to four years in prison for playing a role in Jackson's death.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women