The U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) has released its online College Affordability and Transparency Center, which can help prospective students identify the most affordable colleges and the best fits for their financial situation.
The tool not only reveals tuition prices across several classes of institutions (public, private, two-year, four-year, etc.), but by "net price," which is inclusive of tuition, room and board, book costs, and even financial aid.
The College Affordability and Transparency Center was created by congressional mandate stemming from reforms passed in 2008. Colleges are responsible for reporting their own information.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- John Oliver Set for 'Last Week Tonight'
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- Sina Loses License Over Porn