The U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) has released its online College Affordability and Transparency Center, which can help prospective students identify the most affordable colleges and the best fits for their financial situation.
The tool not only reveals tuition prices across several classes of institutions (public, private, two-year, four-year, etc.), but by "net price," which is inclusive of tuition, room and board, book costs, and even financial aid.
The College Affordability and Transparency Center was created by congressional mandate stemming from reforms passed in 2008. Colleges are responsible for reporting their own information.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks