The U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) has released its online College Affordability and Transparency Center, which can help prospective students identify the most affordable colleges and the best fits for their financial situation.
The tool not only reveals tuition prices across several classes of institutions (public, private, two-year, four-year, etc.), but by "net price," which is inclusive of tuition, room and board, book costs, and even financial aid.
The College Affordability and Transparency Center was created by congressional mandate stemming from reforms passed in 2008. Colleges are responsible for reporting their own information.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women