The U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) has released its online College Affordability and Transparency Center, which can help prospective students identify the most affordable colleges and the best fits for their financial situation.
The tool not only reveals tuition prices across several classes of institutions (public, private, two-year, four-year, etc.), but by "net price," which is inclusive of tuition, room and board, book costs, and even financial aid.
The College Affordability and Transparency Center was created by congressional mandate stemming from reforms passed in 2008. Colleges are responsible for reporting their own information.
Most Popular Stories
- Thousands of Children Dragged Into U.S. Political Bickering
- Repubs to Sue Obama for Delaying Obamacare
- Portugal Bank Fears Spark Selloff
- Emmys: 'Orange' Marks Break From Sitcoms
- Dems Float Long-Shot Effort to Curb Campaign Cash
- Border Crisis Could Lead to Faster Deportations
- Bundy Ranch Standoff Has Spurred Radical Right
- Union Pulls Support of UNCF Over Koch Gift
- Kerry in Afghanistan to Meet Candidates
- Fed Vice Chair Fischer: Care Needed to Avoid Crisis