The U.S. Department of Education (USDOE) has released its online College Affordability and Transparency Center, which can help prospective students identify the most affordable colleges and the best fits for their financial situation.
The tool not only reveals tuition prices across several classes of institutions (public, private, two-year, four-year, etc.), but by "net price," which is inclusive of tuition, room and board, book costs, and even financial aid.
The College Affordability and Transparency Center was created by congressional mandate stemming from reforms passed in 2008. Colleges are responsible for reporting their own information.
Most Popular Stories
- Toxic Algae Threatens Florida Fishing, Tourism
- Hispanic Groups Lead Voter Registration Drive
- Fed Signals It Will Keep Key Rate at Record Low
- Eva Mendes Gives Birth to a Baby Girl
- Plus-Size iPhones Live Up to The Hype
- FedEx Adding 50,000 Holiday Jobs
- Stocks Rise Before Fed Statement
- Occupy Wall Street Buys Up Student Debt
- Cool Features on Today's New iOS 8
- Kohl's Hiring 67,000 for the Holidays