Whole Foods Market announced this week that it has launched the Whole Kids Foundation, "a charitable organization that will provide children with access to healthy food choices through partnerships with schools, educators and organizations."
Whole Foods says that the Foundation's first major initiative will be the Whole Kids Garden Grant Project, which aims to enhance children's relationships with food by participating in gardening activities.
"We are excited to formalize our commitment to improving childhood nutrition and wellness through our new Foundation," said Walter Robb, Whole Foods Market co-CEO and Whole Kids Foundation board chairman.
More information on Whole Food's new Whole Kids Foundation can be found at wholekidsfoundation.org
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy