Whole Foods Market announced this week that it has launched the Whole Kids Foundation, "a charitable organization that will provide children with access to healthy food choices through partnerships with schools, educators and organizations."
Whole Foods says that the Foundation's first major initiative will be the Whole Kids Garden Grant Project, which aims to enhance children's relationships with food by participating in gardening activities.
"We are excited to formalize our commitment to improving childhood nutrition and wellness through our new Foundation," said Walter Robb, Whole Foods Market co-CEO and Whole Kids Foundation board chairman.
More information on Whole Food's new Whole Kids Foundation can be found at wholekidsfoundation.org
Most Popular Stories
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study