Whole Foods Market announced this week that it has launched the Whole Kids Foundation, "a charitable organization that will provide children with access to healthy food choices through partnerships with schools, educators and organizations."
Whole Foods says that the Foundation's first major initiative will be the Whole Kids Garden Grant Project, which aims to enhance children's relationships with food by participating in gardening activities.
"We are excited to formalize our commitment to improving childhood nutrition and wellness through our new Foundation," said Walter Robb, Whole Foods Market co-CEO and Whole Kids Foundation board chairman.
More information on Whole Food's new Whole Kids Foundation can be found at wholekidsfoundation.org
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- 'The Voice' Sounds Different This Season
- NSHMBA to Rebrand With New Name, Logo
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Chrysler and Google Launch Virtual Plant Tour
- Investors Fret Yahoo's Future, Stock Dips
- Perry Wants to Skip Court for Foreign Trip
- Liberty Power Helps USHCC Go Green
- Hispanic Designer Honored As Rising Star
- Porn Lovers Get a New Search Engine