eBay reported a 25 percent rise in second-quarter revenue to $2.8 billion as net income rose 31 percent to $283 million.
The results were driven by the strong performance of eBay's Paypal online payments division which saw its first billion-dollar-revenue quarter, and amassed 100 million active registered accounts, a 15 percent increase over the year-ago period. The business' total payment volume grew 34 percent to $28.7 billion, eBay said.
On the company's online auction sites saw gross merchandise volume increase by 17 percent compared to the year ago period to $14.7 billion, with sales rising 14 percent in the U.S. and 19 percent internationally.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women