eBay reported a 25 percent rise in second-quarter revenue to $2.8 billion as net income rose 31 percent to $283 million.
The results were driven by the strong performance of eBay's Paypal online payments division which saw its first billion-dollar-revenue quarter, and amassed 100 million active registered accounts, a 15 percent increase over the year-ago period. The business' total payment volume grew 34 percent to $28.7 billion, eBay said.
On the company's online auction sites saw gross merchandise volume increase by 17 percent compared to the year ago period to $14.7 billion, with sales rising 14 percent in the U.S. and 19 percent internationally.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation