eBay reported a 25 percent rise in second-quarter revenue to $2.8 billion as net income rose 31 percent to $283 million.
The results were driven by the strong performance of eBay's Paypal online payments division which saw its first billion-dollar-revenue quarter, and amassed 100 million active registered accounts, a 15 percent increase over the year-ago period. The business' total payment volume grew 34 percent to $28.7 billion, eBay said.
On the company's online auction sites saw gross merchandise volume increase by 17 percent compared to the year ago period to $14.7 billion, with sales rising 14 percent in the U.S. and 19 percent internationally.
Most Popular Stories
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Ricky Martin Joins 'The Voice ... Mexico'
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Ukraine Says Russians Firing Across the Border
- Ford Q2 Net Profit up 6 Percent
- Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull to Perform at Fashion Rocks
- U.S. Weighs Refugee Status for Immigrant Kids