eBay reported a 25 percent rise in second-quarter revenue to $2.8 billion as net income rose 31 percent to $283 million.
The results were driven by the strong performance of eBay's Paypal online payments division which saw its first billion-dollar-revenue quarter, and amassed 100 million active registered accounts, a 15 percent increase over the year-ago period. The business' total payment volume grew 34 percent to $28.7 billion, eBay said.
On the company's online auction sites saw gross merchandise volume increase by 17 percent compared to the year ago period to $14.7 billion, with sales rising 14 percent in the U.S. and 19 percent internationally.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs