Maya Entertainment Group Inc., a multiplatform content/distribution company, has established an advisory board composed of some of the most influential Hispanic leaders in the country.
The advisory board will develop goals to launch a new cable channel.
Members of the board are Henry Cisneros, executive chairman of the CityView companies and former president and COO of Univision; Dolores Huerta, co-founder of the United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO (UFW); Kathryn F. Galan, executive director of the National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP) for the past seven years; Juan Andrade Jr., president of the United States Hispanic Leadership Institute (USHLI); and Solomon D. Trujillo, former chairman and CEO of US WEST Communications Inc.
"It goes without saying, how important each of these people is for the Latino community and for the country in general. Their vision will add immeasurably to our success," said Moctesuma Esparza, Maya co-chairman.
Based in Los Angeles, Maya Entertainment Group Inc. aims to establish itself as the leader of media product that appeals to the "new mainstream" of American Latino and multicultural audiences. The company is led by Hispanic entertainment industry entrepreneurs Esparza (Selena, Gettysburg) and Jeff Valdez (Sí TV, QuePasa.com).
"With decades of experience and success as a producer and storyteller, Moctesuma understands better than anyone how to appeal to the new American Latino audience, and Jeff, having already launched a cable network, knows what it takes to make a dream a reality, which is why they are the perfect team," said Trujillo. He is chairman of the advisory board.
Valdez, Maya's other co-chairman, was excited about the new board and their experience with the Hispanic community.
"We are honored to have such iconic members of the Latino community to contribute to the further building of Maya, and of a planned cable channel to tell our stories and expand our reach beyond our current film distribution platforms," he said.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women