Navarro Discount Pharmacy, the largest Hispanic-owned pharmacy chain in the U.S. and an MBF Healthcare portfolio company, has added e-commerce capabilities to its existing website www.Navarro.com allowing customers outside of south Florida, nationwide and internationally, to take advantage of the unique value proposition in their stores.
"The e-commerce capability allows us to better serve our loyal customers already familiar with the Navarro brand and its discount pricing and, in addition, reach out to the growing Hispanic population in the U.S., Central/South America, the Caribbean and internationally," said Juan Ortiz, CFO of Navarro Discount Pharmacy. In addition to prescription management tools currently found on the website, Navarro.com now sells its broad product line across a variety of categories including fragrance, OTC, health, beauty, appliances, household, food and a large assortment of niche, hard-to-find Hispanic products.
Future enhancements to Navarro.com scheduled to rollout in the fall include an interactive Social Media Retail Forum, video and rich-media content on family and health related topics plus product reviews.
Headquartered in Miami, Navarro Discount Pharmacy was founded in Havana, Cuba, in 1940 and opened its first store in the U.S. in 1961. With 28 existing store locations, and three under construction, Navarro ranked No. 19 on the 2011 HispanicBusiness 500 directory.
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya