Navarro Discount Pharmacy, the largest Hispanic-owned pharmacy chain in the U.S. and an MBF Healthcare portfolio company, has added e-commerce capabilities to its existing website www.Navarro.com allowing customers outside of south Florida, nationwide and internationally, to take advantage of the unique value proposition in their stores.
"The e-commerce capability allows us to better serve our loyal customers already familiar with the Navarro brand and its discount pricing and, in addition, reach out to the growing Hispanic population in the U.S., Central/South America, the Caribbean and internationally," said Juan Ortiz, CFO of Navarro Discount Pharmacy. In addition to prescription management tools currently found on the website, Navarro.com now sells its broad product line across a variety of categories including fragrance, OTC, health, beauty, appliances, household, food and a large assortment of niche, hard-to-find Hispanic products.
Future enhancements to Navarro.com scheduled to rollout in the fall include an interactive Social Media Retail Forum, video and rich-media content on family and health related topics plus product reviews.
Headquartered in Miami, Navarro Discount Pharmacy was founded in Havana, Cuba, in 1940 and opened its first store in the U.S. in 1961. With 28 existing store locations, and three under construction, Navarro ranked No. 19 on the 2011 HispanicBusiness 500 directory.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States