Her roles rarely capture a typical 17-year-old's life. Actress Dakota Fanning has played a vampire in the Twilight series and bisexual rocker Cherie Currie in "The Runaways," but this week she was a normal teen in real life.
On Monday, the actress, 17, became a high school graduate, according to People.com.
Fanning received her diploma from North Hollywood's Campbell Hall Episcopal High School, reports People.com, where she was a cheerleader and this year's homecoming queen.
The acting bug also has bitten Fanning's younger sister, Elle, 13. Just as moviegoers have watched Fanning grow up on the silver screen, Elle plans to follow in her older sister's footsteps.
According to TodayOnline.com, Elle has received rave reviews for her role as one of the kids in J J Abrams' "Super 8."
Most Popular Stories
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Cuba Deploys More Medicos in Ebola Fight