Her roles rarely capture a typical 17-year-old's life. Actress Dakota Fanning has played a vampire in the Twilight series and bisexual rocker Cherie Currie in "The Runaways," but this week she was a normal teen in real life.
On Monday, the actress, 17, became a high school graduate, according to People.com.
Fanning received her diploma from North Hollywood's Campbell Hall Episcopal High School, reports People.com, where she was a cheerleader and this year's homecoming queen.
The acting bug also has bitten Fanning's younger sister, Elle, 13. Just as moviegoers have watched Fanning grow up on the silver screen, Elle plans to follow in her older sister's footsteps.
According to TodayOnline.com, Elle has received rave reviews for her role as one of the kids in J J Abrams' "Super 8."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women