Her roles rarely capture a typical 17-year-old's life. Actress Dakota Fanning has played a vampire in the Twilight series and bisexual rocker Cherie Currie in "The Runaways," but this week she was a normal teen in real life.
On Monday, the actress, 17, became a high school graduate, according to People.com.
Fanning received her diploma from North Hollywood's Campbell Hall Episcopal High School, reports People.com, where she was a cheerleader and this year's homecoming queen.
The acting bug also has bitten Fanning's younger sister, Elle, 13. Just as moviegoers have watched Fanning grow up on the silver screen, Elle plans to follow in her older sister's footsteps.
According to TodayOnline.com, Elle has received rave reviews for her role as one of the kids in J J Abrams' "Super 8."
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Celebrities Vow Revenge on Hackers Who Posted Photos
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Recommendations