Her roles rarely capture a typical 17-year-old's life. Actress Dakota Fanning has played a vampire in the Twilight series and bisexual rocker Cherie Currie in "The Runaways," but this week she was a normal teen in real life.
On Monday, the actress, 17, became a high school graduate, according to People.com.
Fanning received her diploma from North Hollywood's Campbell Hall Episcopal High School, reports People.com, where she was a cheerleader and this year's homecoming queen.
The acting bug also has bitten Fanning's younger sister, Elle, 13. Just as moviegoers have watched Fanning grow up on the silver screen, Elle plans to follow in her older sister's footsteps.
According to TodayOnline.com, Elle has received rave reviews for her role as one of the kids in J J Abrams' "Super 8."
Most Popular Stories
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Google Chrome Bug Draining Batteries: Report
- Clinton Wants U.S., E.U. to Get Tough on Russia
- BlackBerry Appoints New COO from LiveOps Inc.
- Startup Makes It Easier to Buy American
- GM Looking for Ignition Fix for Certain Cadillacs
- U.S. Stocks Start the Week on Shaky Ground