Her roles rarely capture a typical 17-year-old's life. Actress Dakota Fanning has played a vampire in the Twilight series and bisexual rocker Cherie Currie in "The Runaways," but this week she was a normal teen in real life.
On Monday, the actress, 17, became a high school graduate, according to People.com.
Fanning received her diploma from North Hollywood's Campbell Hall Episcopal High School, reports People.com, where she was a cheerleader and this year's homecoming queen.
The acting bug also has bitten Fanning's younger sister, Elle, 13. Just as moviegoers have watched Fanning grow up on the silver screen, Elle plans to follow in her older sister's footsteps.
According to TodayOnline.com, Elle has received rave reviews for her role as one of the kids in J J Abrams' "Super 8."
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March