Many U.S. outlets are reporting that Nintendo's so-called Wii 2 will sport a touchscreen controller with a rechargeable battery. The original source for the latest Wii 2 rumor comes from the Japanese publication Nikkei.
The incorporation of the touchscreen certainly makes sense in terms of Nintendo's expertise in providing touchscreen interaction into game play, as it has with its DS and 3DS standout portable gaming systems.
Rock-solid details on the Nintendo Wii 2 are set to be revealed this week at the annual E3 electronics show. Nintendo's press conference regarding its Wii 2 announcement has been set for Tuesday, June 7, 9 a.m. PDT at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- IBM Investing $3 Billion in Chip Research
- Sales Show Samsung Needs Next Big Thing
- Collegefeed Connects Grads and Jobs
- Emmys: The List of Nominees
- Average 30-Year Mortgage Rate Rises to 4.15 Percent
- Don't Expect Bank Earnings to Shine in Q2
- Joseph Swedish: WellPoint Readies for Tech Wave
- N.D. Pipeline Cleanup Could Take Weeks
- Boehner Says No to Palin's Call for Impeachment