Many U.S. outlets are reporting that Nintendo's so-called Wii 2 will sport a touchscreen controller with a rechargeable battery. The original source for the latest Wii 2 rumor comes from the Japanese publication Nikkei.
The incorporation of the touchscreen certainly makes sense in terms of Nintendo's expertise in providing touchscreen interaction into game play, as it has with its DS and 3DS standout portable gaming systems.
Rock-solid details on the Nintendo Wii 2 are set to be revealed this week at the annual E3 electronics show. Nintendo's press conference regarding its Wii 2 announcement has been set for Tuesday, June 7, 9 a.m. PDT at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Josh Gordon Loses Appeal, Out for Season
- Pending Home Sales in U.S. Rise in Hopeful Sign
- Visual Search Sounds Cool, Remains Elusive
- Texans Look for Perry-Cruz Showdown in 2016
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women