Singer Pink has written a letter to "whomever cares" but really aimed it at intrusive paparazzi.
Pink and husbdan Carey Hart recently welcomed daughter, Willow, into the world and the couple said they have been stalked by the mad photographers for a photo of her.
"Due to the unsettling, surprisingly aggressive and unsafe measures that the paparazzi seem to be willing to go to in order to secure that 'first shot' of our daughter--stalking us, chasing us in cars and sitting outside of our home all day and all night, as new parents Carey and I decided that we would release personal photos of our Willow, and donate all of the money to charity," she wrote on her website.
The singer will donate teh money earned from the photos to children's' charities, including Ronald McDonald House and Autism Speaks.
Fashion designer and reality TV star Nicole Richie wrote a similar letter to the paparazzo in 2010.
"You do not get to spend 200 dollars on a camera, and think that gives you a free pass to shadow my child. These are strangers, grown men, stalking young children. You think that's ok?," she wrote. "Here's a better visual: Pulling up to school and seeing grown men slouched in black windowed cars outside of a preschool, all day. I'm not even there, so you cannot say you are following me as you always do. You are stalking the children. Now how do you feel?"
In 2009, former California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a new bill into law that would "fine paparazzi for taking photos that invade a celebrity's right to privacy. The law also targets media outlets who purchase the photos," according to CNN.com.
Earlier this month, actress Tori Spelling was in a car accident in which she blamed paparazzi photographers for the collision.
It seems the money-hungry photogs are taking things further and further to snap certain pics.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- NASA Fellowships, Scholarships Bring Diversity to Workforce
- Twitter Coming to Phones Without Internet
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Entravision Initiates Quarterly Cash Dividend
- Warner Bros. Unleashes 'Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug' Merchandise