Ides of March, a political thriller directed by and starring George Clooney will open this year's Venice Film Festival, organisers announced Wednesday.
The film is set to have its world premier screening at the festival, where it is also running in competition, on the evening of August 31 following the opening ceremony. The festival runs to September 10.
Set in the near future in the world of US politics, Ides of March also stars Ryan Gosling, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Paul Giamatti, Marisa Tomei, Jeffrey Wright, Max Minghella and Evan Rachel Wood.
It marks Hollywood-hearthrob Clooney's third film as director after 2002's Confessions of a Dangerous Mind and 2005's Good Night and Good Luck.
The Venice Film Festival was established in 1932 and is the world's oldest cinema competition. This year marks its 68th edition.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women