Prince William celebrated his 29th birthday today -- or rather didn't celebrate, because he was on search-and-rescue duty at his base in Anglesey, off the coast of Wales, according to ABCNews.com.
Prince William may even have to pull a 24-hour shift, palace officials confirmed.
Maybe the the prince and his bride, Kate Middleton, are waiting to celebrate in California when they go next month.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due to visit California July 8-10, after a seven-city tour of Canada, according to the DailyMail.co.uk.
The royal couple is expected to spend at least one night at a new £7,500-a-night presidential bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel -- known as the "Pink Palace."
It will be the first time that Kate has ever visited the United States and the first time William has visited the continent in an official capacity.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict