Prince William celebrated his 29th birthday today -- or rather didn't celebrate, because he was on search-and-rescue duty at his base in Anglesey, off the coast of Wales, according to ABCNews.com.
Prince William may even have to pull a 24-hour shift, palace officials confirmed.
Maybe the the prince and his bride, Kate Middleton, are waiting to celebrate in California when they go next month.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due to visit California July 8-10, after a seven-city tour of Canada, according to the DailyMail.co.uk.
The royal couple is expected to spend at least one night at a new £7,500-a-night presidential bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel -- known as the "Pink Palace."
It will be the first time that Kate has ever visited the United States and the first time William has visited the continent in an official capacity.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal