Prince William celebrated his 29th birthday today -- or rather didn't celebrate, because he was on search-and-rescue duty at his base in Anglesey, off the coast of Wales, according to ABCNews.com.
Prince William may even have to pull a 24-hour shift, palace officials confirmed.
Maybe the the prince and his bride, Kate Middleton, are waiting to celebrate in California when they go next month.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due to visit California July 8-10, after a seven-city tour of Canada, according to the DailyMail.co.uk.
The royal couple is expected to spend at least one night at a new £7,500-a-night presidential bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel -- known as the "Pink Palace."
It will be the first time that Kate has ever visited the United States and the first time William has visited the continent in an official capacity.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals