Prince William celebrated his 29th birthday today -- or rather didn't celebrate, because he was on search-and-rescue duty at his base in Anglesey, off the coast of Wales, according to ABCNews.com.
Prince William may even have to pull a 24-hour shift, palace officials confirmed.
Maybe the the prince and his bride, Kate Middleton, are waiting to celebrate in California when they go next month.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are due to visit California July 8-10, after a seven-city tour of Canada, according to the DailyMail.co.uk.
The royal couple is expected to spend at least one night at a new £7,500-a-night presidential bungalow at the Beverly Hills Hotel -- known as the "Pink Palace."
It will be the first time that Kate has ever visited the United States and the first time William has visited the continent in an official capacity.
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say