Maria Shriver continues to take the high road in the aftermath of husband Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity by putting her children's needs first, according to People.com.
Schwarzenegger fathered a son, Joseph, in October 1997 with the couple's former housekeeper, Mildred "Patty" Baena.
"While Maria may not have been as angry at Mildred as she was at Arnold, her instinct would be to protect her family," a source close to the family told People. "Whatever she did in the aftermath was about taking care of her kids, trying to shield them and trying to minimize the repercussions."
Joseph was born just five days after Maria Shriver gave birth to son Christopher, according to CNN.
"Arnold's been providing for the kid ever since he found out he was the father, which was when the kid was a young child," the source told People.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Dish Network Leads 2013 Top 50 Advertisers List
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- North Korea Frees 85-Year-Old Vet Merrill Newman