Maria Shriver continues to take the high road in the aftermath of husband Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity by putting her children's needs first, according to People.com.
Schwarzenegger fathered a son, Joseph, in October 1997 with the couple's former housekeeper, Mildred "Patty" Baena.
"While Maria may not have been as angry at Mildred as she was at Arnold, her instinct would be to protect her family," a source close to the family told People. "Whatever she did in the aftermath was about taking care of her kids, trying to shield them and trying to minimize the repercussions."
Joseph was born just five days after Maria Shriver gave birth to son Christopher, according to CNN.
"Arnold's been providing for the kid ever since he found out he was the father, which was when the kid was a young child," the source told People.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Home Lending Offices Not Seeing Effects of Pickup
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth