Maria Shriver continues to take the high road in the aftermath of husband Arnold Schwarzenegger's infidelity by putting her children's needs first, according to People.com.
Schwarzenegger fathered a son, Joseph, in October 1997 with the couple's former housekeeper, Mildred "Patty" Baena.
"While Maria may not have been as angry at Mildred as she was at Arnold, her instinct would be to protect her family," a source close to the family told People. "Whatever she did in the aftermath was about taking care of her kids, trying to shield them and trying to minimize the repercussions."
Joseph was born just five days after Maria Shriver gave birth to son Christopher, according to CNN.
"Arnold's been providing for the kid ever since he found out he was the father, which was when the kid was a young child," the source told People.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire