The pretzel-shaped hat that Princess Beatrice wore to this month's Royal Wedding Day garnered much attention. So much that the 22-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York, placed the Philip Treacy creation on eBay, to benefit two charities close to her heart: UNICEF and Children in Crisis, which was established by her mother, reports People.com.
Even children's entertainers The Wiggles bid for the hat. The Australian song-and-dance group offered 17,500 pounds sterling ($28,000) for a creation that has been compared to a pretzel.
The winner? An anonymous bidder for $130,000.
The Expressing her delight when the sale ended late Sunday, Beatrice said of the hat: "It has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the world," reports People.com.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women