The pretzel-shaped hat that Princess Beatrice wore to this month's Royal Wedding Day garnered much attention. So much that the 22-year-old daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah, Duchess of York, placed the Philip Treacy creation on eBay, to benefit two charities close to her heart: UNICEF and Children in Crisis, which was established by her mother, reports People.com.
Even children's entertainers The Wiggles bid for the hat. The Australian song-and-dance group offered 17,500 pounds sterling ($28,000) for a creation that has been compared to a pretzel.
The winner? An anonymous bidder for $130,000.
The Expressing her delight when the sale ended late Sunday, Beatrice said of the hat: "It has its own personality, and I am so happy that we have raised the most incredible amount of money and can make an even bigger change for the lives of some of the most vulnerable children across the world," reports People.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings