Angry Birds, the amazingly popular casual game for the iPhone and Android platforms, is now available to anyone with a PC.
Google and Rovio Mobile announced this week that Angry Birds is available for anyone using Google's Chrome browser. Chrome, a Web browser, has an apps architecture; much as Angry Birds can be downloaded via iTunes and Android's app stores, the Chrome Web store provides apps for that browser.
Angry Birds for Chrome is a free download. The popularity of Angry Birds can make -- or at least provide a tremendous boost -- to an app store. The Amazon Apps Store for Android used Angry Birds: Rio, a movie tie-in, as its free app at launch to spur new users.
Most Popular Stories
- Facebook, Twitter Announce Apps for Google Glass
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Summer Movies Aimed at Young Men, Teen Boys
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Exciting Night for UFC Fans
- Teen Drivers Should Be Prepared for Any Car-Related Situation