Actress Lindsay Lohan, 24, was sentenced to four months in jail for shoplifting a $2,500 necklace from a Los Angeles store.
The "Mean Girls" star pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor grand theft charges pressed against her. According to Reuters, Lohan was also sentenced to 480 hours of community service and must undergo psychological counseling and an anti-shoplifting program.
It is likely that Lohan will complete her jail time under house arrest or with an electronic monitoring system. She may also be able to minimize her sentence due to good behavior or overcrowding at the jail. Lohan was told to report to jail by June 17, when she will either be admitted, or fitted with a monitoring system and sent home, according to People.com.
Lindsay Lohan has been in jail before for drug and driving under the influence charges. She has enrolled in rehab several times, causing her acting career to be placed on hold.
However, last month the actress landed a big role in an upcoming feature film alongside actors Al Pacino and John Travolta. The film is about the New York Gotti crime family.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer