Actress Lindsay Lohan, 24, was sentenced to four months in jail for shoplifting a $2,500 necklace from a Los Angeles store.
The "Mean Girls" star pleaded no contest to the misdemeanor grand theft charges pressed against her. According to Reuters, Lohan was also sentenced to 480 hours of community service and must undergo psychological counseling and an anti-shoplifting program.
It is likely that Lohan will complete her jail time under house arrest or with an electronic monitoring system. She may also be able to minimize her sentence due to good behavior or overcrowding at the jail. Lohan was told to report to jail by June 17, when she will either be admitted, or fitted with a monitoring system and sent home, according to People.com.
Lindsay Lohan has been in jail before for drug and driving under the influence charges. She has enrolled in rehab several times, causing her acting career to be placed on hold.
However, last month the actress landed a big role in an upcoming feature film alongside actors Al Pacino and John Travolta. The film is about the New York Gotti crime family.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?