Actor Al Pacino has signed on to play Gambino crime family underboss Neil Dellacroce in "Gotti: Three Generations," the film's producers said.
The announcement was made in Cannes, France, site of the renowned film festival, the latest edition of which is to kick off later this week, The Hollywood Reporter said.
John Travolta was previously cast as Gambino boss John Gotti Sr., while his real-life wife, Kelly Preston, will play Gotti's on-screen spouse, Victoria, and Lindsay Lohan is to play John Gotti Jr.'s wife, Kim.
The Hollywood Reporter said "Gotti" will reunite Pacino with his "You Don't Know Jack" director Barry Levinson.
The "Gotti" screenplay is being reworked by James Toback, who previously collaborated with Levinson on "Bugsy," the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Pacino famously starred in "The Godfather" classic mob movie trilogy.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- U.S. Drones Hit al-Shabab in Somalia
- California Hispanic Chamber Picks New Chair
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits