Actor Al Pacino has signed on to play Gambino crime family underboss Neil Dellacroce in "Gotti: Three Generations," the film's producers said.
The announcement was made in Cannes, France, site of the renowned film festival, the latest edition of which is to kick off later this week, The Hollywood Reporter said.
John Travolta was previously cast as Gambino boss John Gotti Sr., while his real-life wife, Kelly Preston, will play Gotti's on-screen spouse, Victoria, and Lindsay Lohan is to play John Gotti Jr.'s wife, Kim.
The Hollywood Reporter said "Gotti" will reunite Pacino with his "You Don't Know Jack" director Barry Levinson.
The "Gotti" screenplay is being reworked by James Toback, who previously collaborated with Levinson on "Bugsy," the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Pacino famously starred in "The Godfather" classic mob movie trilogy.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire