Actor Al Pacino has signed on to play Gambino crime family underboss Neil Dellacroce in "Gotti: Three Generations," the film's producers said.
The announcement was made in Cannes, France, site of the renowned film festival, the latest edition of which is to kick off later this week, The Hollywood Reporter said.
John Travolta was previously cast as Gambino boss John Gotti Sr., while his real-life wife, Kelly Preston, will play Gotti's on-screen spouse, Victoria, and Lindsay Lohan is to play John Gotti Jr.'s wife, Kim.
The Hollywood Reporter said "Gotti" will reunite Pacino with his "You Don't Know Jack" director Barry Levinson.
The "Gotti" screenplay is being reworked by James Toback, who previously collaborated with Levinson on "Bugsy," the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Pacino famously starred in "The Godfather" classic mob movie trilogy.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women