Actor Al Pacino has signed on to play Gambino crime family underboss Neil Dellacroce in "Gotti: Three Generations," the film's producers said.
The announcement was made in Cannes, France, site of the renowned film festival, the latest edition of which is to kick off later this week, The Hollywood Reporter said.
John Travolta was previously cast as Gambino boss John Gotti Sr., while his real-life wife, Kelly Preston, will play Gotti's on-screen spouse, Victoria, and Lindsay Lohan is to play John Gotti Jr.'s wife, Kim.
The Hollywood Reporter said "Gotti" will reunite Pacino with his "You Don't Know Jack" director Barry Levinson.
The "Gotti" screenplay is being reworked by James Toback, who previously collaborated with Levinson on "Bugsy," the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Pacino famously starred in "The Godfather" classic mob movie trilogy.
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth
- Florida Enterprises Look to Costa Rica