Actor Al Pacino has signed on to play Gambino crime family underboss Neil Dellacroce in "Gotti: Three Generations," the film's producers said.
The announcement was made in Cannes, France, site of the renowned film festival, the latest edition of which is to kick off later this week, The Hollywood Reporter said.
John Travolta was previously cast as Gambino boss John Gotti Sr., while his real-life wife, Kelly Preston, will play Gotti's on-screen spouse, Victoria, and Lindsay Lohan is to play John Gotti Jr.'s wife, Kim.
The Hollywood Reporter said "Gotti" will reunite Pacino with his "You Don't Know Jack" director Barry Levinson.
The "Gotti" screenplay is being reworked by James Toback, who previously collaborated with Levinson on "Bugsy," the entertainment industry trade newspaper said.
Pacino famously starred in "The Godfather" classic mob movie trilogy.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11