Mariah Carey celebrated her fourth wedding anniversary Saturday by delivering a son and daughter at a Los Angeles hospital, her representative said.
Cindi Berger told US Weekly the twins were born just after noon. The girl, the first-born, weighed 5 pounds, 3 ounces and was 18 inches long. Her barely younger brother was 3 ounces heavier and an inch longer.
Carey's husband, "America's Got Talent" host Nick Cannon, sent out an announcement via Twitter before the births.
"I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up!" he said. "Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!"
Carey and Cannon went through a miscarriage before she became pregnant again. They announced she was pregnant with twins after informing President Obama and his wife Michelle at a holiday party in Washington in December.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.