Mariah Carey celebrated her fourth wedding anniversary Saturday by delivering a son and daughter at a Los Angeles hospital, her representative said.
Cindi Berger told US Weekly the twins were born just after noon. The girl, the first-born, weighed 5 pounds, 3 ounces and was 18 inches long. Her barely younger brother was 3 ounces heavier and an inch longer.
Carey's husband, "America's Got Talent" host Nick Cannon, sent out an announcement via Twitter before the births.
"I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up!" he said. "Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!"
Carey and Cannon went through a miscarriage before she became pregnant again. They announced she was pregnant with twins after informing President Obama and his wife Michelle at a holiday party in Washington in December.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid