Mariah Carey celebrated her fourth wedding anniversary Saturday by delivering a son and daughter at a Los Angeles hospital, her representative said.
Cindi Berger told US Weekly the twins were born just after noon. The girl, the first-born, weighed 5 pounds, 3 ounces and was 18 inches long. Her barely younger brother was 3 ounces heavier and an inch longer.
Carey's husband, "America's Got Talent" host Nick Cannon, sent out an announcement via Twitter before the births.
"I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up!" he said. "Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!"
Carey and Cannon went through a miscarriage before she became pregnant again. They announced she was pregnant with twins after informing President Obama and his wife Michelle at a holiday party in Washington in December.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West