WWE Wrestemania 27 proved to be a record breaker. WWE today released the attendance results from WWE Wrestemania 27; WWE said that Wrestlemania was "the highest-grossing and most-attended entertainment event in the host venue" for the second consecutive year.
The Georgia Dome in Atlanta hosted WrestleMania XXVII, and, according to the company, grossed $6.6 million with 71,617 in attendance. This year, the event featured shenanigans from Snooki, as well as matches where WWE Champion the Miz defeated John Cena and the Undertaker overcame Triple H in a no-holds-barred match.
The record came despite recent ratings drops in WWE's "Monday Night Raw."
WrestleMania XXVIII is due to take place in Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Fla., next year, on Sunday April 1, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?