WWE Wrestemania 27 proved to be a record breaker. WWE today released the attendance results from WWE Wrestemania 27; WWE said that Wrestlemania was "the highest-grossing and most-attended entertainment event in the host venue" for the second consecutive year.
The Georgia Dome in Atlanta hosted WrestleMania XXVII, and, according to the company, grossed $6.6 million with 71,617 in attendance. This year, the event featured shenanigans from Snooki, as well as matches where WWE Champion the Miz defeated John Cena and the Undertaker overcame Triple H in a no-holds-barred match.
The record came despite recent ratings drops in WWE's "Monday Night Raw."
WrestleMania XXVIII is due to take place in Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Fla., next year, on Sunday April 1, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Terrific World Cup Ends with Marquee Final in Brazil
- Musk Donates to Tesla Museum
- U.S.' No. 2, No. 3 Tobacco Cos in Merger Talks
- Ex-CalPERS Chief Admits Receiving Bribes
- Crumbs to Be Reopened by Chicago-based Investor, Owner of Dippin' Dots
- Freshman Frustrations in Congress
- Samsung Earnings Hit by Slowing China Sales
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire