WWE Wrestemania 27 proved to be a record breaker. WWE today released the attendance results from WWE Wrestemania 27; WWE said that Wrestlemania was "the highest-grossing and most-attended entertainment event in the host venue" for the second consecutive year.
The Georgia Dome in Atlanta hosted WrestleMania XXVII, and, according to the company, grossed $6.6 million with 71,617 in attendance. This year, the event featured shenanigans from Snooki, as well as matches where WWE Champion the Miz defeated John Cena and the Undertaker overcame Triple H in a no-holds-barred match.
The record came despite recent ratings drops in WWE's "Monday Night Raw."
WrestleMania XXVIII is due to take place in Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Fla., next year, on Sunday April 1, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.