WWE Wrestemania 27 proved to be a record breaker. WWE today released the attendance results from WWE Wrestemania 27; WWE said that Wrestlemania was "the highest-grossing and most-attended entertainment event in the host venue" for the second consecutive year.
The Georgia Dome in Atlanta hosted WrestleMania XXVII, and, according to the company, grossed $6.6 million with 71,617 in attendance. This year, the event featured shenanigans from Snooki, as well as matches where WWE Champion the Miz defeated John Cena and the Undertaker overcame Triple H in a no-holds-barred match.
The record came despite recent ratings drops in WWE's "Monday Night Raw."
WrestleMania XXVIII is due to take place in Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Fla., next year, on Sunday April 1, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits