WWE Wrestemania 27 proved to be a record breaker. WWE today released the attendance results from WWE Wrestemania 27; WWE said that Wrestlemania was "the highest-grossing and most-attended entertainment event in the host venue" for the second consecutive year.
The Georgia Dome in Atlanta hosted WrestleMania XXVII, and, according to the company, grossed $6.6 million with 71,617 in attendance. This year, the event featured shenanigans from Snooki, as well as matches where WWE Champion the Miz defeated John Cena and the Undertaker overcame Triple H in a no-holds-barred match.
The record came despite recent ratings drops in WWE's "Monday Night Raw."
WrestleMania XXVIII is due to take place in Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Fla., next year, on Sunday April 1, 2012.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Hamas Claims Gaza Ceasefire as Victory Over Israel