Mystery surrounded the shock
resignation on Monday of National Security Minister David Burch.
Burch also quit the Senate where he was government leader. He was
not immediately available for comment. Wayne Perinchief, a former
top policeman, who previously sat on the backbench of the ruling
Progressive Labour Party (PLP), was sworn at Government House as the
new National Security Minister. Former Police Commissioner Jonathan
Smith was sworn in as the new PLP senator replacing Burch, a former
commanding officer of the part-time Bermuda Regiment. Smith will be
Junior Minister of National Security.
Originally published by Caribbean Media Corporation news agency website, Bridgetown, in English 1410 4 Apr 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Ford Plans New Cars, Jobs in 2014
- 'Rape Insurance' Bill Passes in Michigan
- Gold, Silver Slide on Prospects of Fed Exit
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Ted Cruz Coloring Book Selling Briskly
- Kim Jong Un's Uncle Executed
- Grizzly Bears Could Be Taken Off Endangered List