Mystery surrounded the shock
resignation on Monday of National Security Minister David Burch.
Burch also quit the Senate where he was government leader. He was
not immediately available for comment. Wayne Perinchief, a former
top policeman, who previously sat on the backbench of the ruling
Progressive Labour Party (PLP), was sworn at Government House as the
new National Security Minister. Former Police Commissioner Jonathan
Smith was sworn in as the new PLP senator replacing Burch, a former
commanding officer of the part-time Bermuda Regiment. Smith will be
Junior Minister of National Security.
Originally published by Caribbean Media Corporation news agency website, Bridgetown, in English 1410 4 Apr 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Hackers Get Homeland Security Employee Records
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Mo'Ne Davis a Big Winner Despite Loss
- Advocacy Group Calls for Chrysler Probe
- DHS Warns Retailers About Malware in Cash Registers
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map