Mystery surrounded the shock
resignation on Monday of National Security Minister David Burch.
Burch also quit the Senate where he was government leader. He was
not immediately available for comment. Wayne Perinchief, a former
top policeman, who previously sat on the backbench of the ruling
Progressive Labour Party (PLP), was sworn at Government House as the
new National Security Minister. Former Police Commissioner Jonathan
Smith was sworn in as the new PLP senator replacing Burch, a former
commanding officer of the part-time Bermuda Regiment. Smith will be
Junior Minister of National Security.
Originally published by Caribbean Media Corporation news agency website, Bridgetown, in English 1410 4 Apr 11.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset