Starbucks is going green for Earth Day and encouraging customers to bring in their own travel cups on April 22 to receive a free coffee or tea.
According to its Facebook page, last year, Starbucks helped save more than one million coffee cups through its Earth Day event.
Starbucks frequently offers free coffee to promote environmental responsibility; last year there was a similar free coffee event on Tax Day.
Starbucks always offers a discount -- 10 cents off -- when customers bring in a travel mug, and has been doing so since 1985.
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Californians Want to Legalize Marijuana
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- Pacific Trade Pact Delay Hinders U.S. Pivot to Asia
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs