Starbucks is going green for Earth Day and encouraging customers to bring in their own travel cups on April 22 to receive a free coffee or tea.
According to its Facebook page, last year, Starbucks helped save more than one million coffee cups through its Earth Day event.
Starbucks frequently offers free coffee to promote environmental responsibility; last year there was a similar free coffee event on Tax Day.
Starbucks always offers a discount -- 10 cents off -- when customers bring in a travel mug, and has been doing so since 1985.
Most Popular Stories
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Contra Costa Times Chuck Barney column
- The News & Advance, Lynchburg, Va., Casey Gillis column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Haitian music, culture take center stage at Compas Fest
- Gillian Anderson is fired up in 'The Fall', but Whicher is suspiciously dull ; The former 'X-Files' star channels her inner Helen Mirren in a new crime drama set in Belfast
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'