Taco Bell announced earlier this week that the Beasley Allen law firm voluntarily withdrew a class action lawsuit against the company. The class action Taco Bell lawsuit had made allegations regarding food quality, its seasoned beef, and its advertising.
In the wake of withdrawing the suit against Taco Bell, Beasley Allen is claiming that the firms measures prompted Taco Bell to change certain disclosures. Taco Bell disagrees.
In a statement, Taco Bell is adamant that it has changed nothing, accuses the firm of simply trying to save face after making a mistake, and is seeking an apology.
"We stand behind the quality of every single one of our ingredients, including our seasoned beef," said Greg Creed, Chief Executive Officer of Taco Bell, in a statement, adding "and we want consumers to know that we didn't change our marketing or product because we've always been completely transparent."
Taco Bell is taking this claim to the mass market via an advertising campaign in newspapers and online. A video statement from Creed follows.
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders