Internet sensation Rebecca Black is reportedly receiving death threats from individuals who want her song "Friday" removed from the Internet.
Rebecca Black is just 13 years old.
Her song "Friday" garnered her more than 111 million YouTube views as of today.
A Los Angeles Times blogger today wrote that Anaheim police are looking into a menacing call to Black's management company and an e-mail to her production company, both received in March. Black was born and lives in Anaheim, Calif.
"In essence, the threats were related to getting the music off the Internet or they were going to kill her," Anaheim police spokesman Sgt. Rick Martinez told KCBS. "We can't validate how serious they are, but we do take it seriously."
According to USA Today, Rebecca Black's mother, Georgina Kelly Black, paid Ark Music Factory, a Los Angeles music label, $4,000 to write, produce and create a music video for her daughter. "Friday" is what they came up with.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes