Rolling Stone magazine today released a short review on the new single by the kings of boy bands--New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys.
Writer Jon Dolan gave the single, "Don't Turn Out the Lights" three out of five stars and had some nice things to say:
"To boy-band fans, New Kids on the Block getting together with the Backstreet Boys is like Moses teaming up with Jesus. And the gut-sucking supergroup's debut track is blue-eyed dance-pop whoosh. Every Boy and Kid gets a piece of the vocals, and we get a piece of the dream."
Read the review and listen to "Don't Turn Out the Lights" here.
The single was released earlier this month and had its world premier on Los Angeles radio station KIIS FM with host Ryan Seacrest. Seacrest interviewed Joey McIntyre and AJ McLean about upcoming events. You can listen to the interview here.
The nine men making up this mega group are going on tour starting in May, following the New Kids' third cruise from Miami to the Bahamas. And its opening act will be, another "Jordan," Miss Jordin Sparks.
NKOTBSB also will release a greatest hits CD of songs comprised from both groups. On March 14, the groups launched an online campaign to have fans vote for their favorite songs.
According to The National Post, the tracks are:
1. Step by Step – New Kids on the Block
2. I Want It That Way – Backstreet Boys
3. You Got It (The Right Stuff) – New Kids on the Block
4. Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Backstreet Boys
5. Please Don't Go Girl – New Kids on the Block
6. As Long As You Love Me – Backstreet Boys
7. Hangin' Tough - New Kids on the Block
8. Larger Than Life – Backstreet Boys
9. I'll Be Loving You (Forever) – New Kids on the Block
10. Quit Playing Games (With My Heart) – Backstreet Boys
11. All In My Head – NKOTBSB
12. Don't Turn Out The Lights (D.T.O.T.L.) – NKOTBSB
13. NKOTBSB Mash Up
Notice No. 11? It's another original song by both groups!
Both bands combined have sold more than 200 million albums, according to the groups' record label.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law