McDonald's, one of the most successful businesses and well-known brands in the world, today is flexing its muscles to see if it can help drive the economy forward--with "McJobs."
Today is McDonald's National Hiring Day, in which McDonald's and its franchisees will aim to hire up to 50,000 new employees at restaurants across the country. The new "McJobs" will include a combination of both seasonal and sustaining full-time and part-time positions based upon individual restaurant needs, according to the company.
Each location in the U.S. is seeking to hire about 2 or 3 employees. Applicants are encouraged to either show up at a local McDonald's franchise, or apply online at www.McDonalds.com/Careers.
Most Popular Stories
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Steris to Add 100 Jobs in Birmingham
- Clinton Rallies New England Women
- Market Jolt Offers a Reality Check for Investors
- Ebola in New York, Mali Raises Travel Jitters
- Timeline for New York Ebola Doctor
- Microsoft Earnings Drive Stocks Higher
- Do Voters Want Compromise?
- Stocks Close Out Best Week in Nearly 2 Years
- 'Kissing Congressman' Admits Mistake in Reelection Bid