Beyonce has announced her father, Matthew Knowles, is no longer managing her career.
"I've only parted ways with my father on a business level," EW.com quoted the singer as saying in a statement Tuesday. "He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me."
Matthew Knowles said in a separate statement he is proud of his daughter and remains committed to his company, Music World Entertainment.
"We did great things together, and I know that she will continue to conquer new territories in music and entertainment," the elder Knowles said. "Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success."
EW.com did not report a reason for the professional split.
The Web site said it is unclear who, if anyone, will be taking over as Beyonce's manager.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women