Beyonce has announced her father, Matthew Knowles, is no longer managing her career.
"I've only parted ways with my father on a business level," EW.com quoted the singer as saying in a statement Tuesday. "He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me."
Matthew Knowles said in a separate statement he is proud of his daughter and remains committed to his company, Music World Entertainment.
"We did great things together, and I know that she will continue to conquer new territories in music and entertainment," the elder Knowles said. "Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success."
EW.com did not report a reason for the professional split.
The Web site said it is unclear who, if anyone, will be taking over as Beyonce's manager.
Most Popular Stories
- Boehner Lashes Out Against Ted Cruz, Far Right
- Bitcoin or Bad Coin? Warnings Mount Against Virtual Currency
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Cheap Gas Drives Down U.S. Wholesale Prices Again
- Expanding Medicaid Creates Jobs: Study
- Robert Levinson Was on CIA Mission
- Producer Price Index Dropped in November
- 'Dreamers' Hope for Permanent Immigration Status
- Beyonce Releases New Album With No Marketing
- Hawaii Official Who Release Obama Certificate Only Victim of Plane Crash