Beyonce has announced her father, Matthew Knowles, is no longer managing her career.
"I've only parted ways with my father on a business level," EW.com quoted the singer as saying in a statement Tuesday. "He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me."
Matthew Knowles said in a separate statement he is proud of his daughter and remains committed to his company, Music World Entertainment.
"We did great things together, and I know that she will continue to conquer new territories in music and entertainment," the elder Knowles said. "Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success."
EW.com did not report a reason for the professional split.
The Web site said it is unclear who, if anyone, will be taking over as Beyonce's manager.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation