Beyonce and her father, Matthew Knowles, have decided to end his long stint as the manager of her career, they announced Tuesday.
The move increased speculation that the singer and actress could hand over responsibility to her husband, rap mogul Jay-Z.
Knowles has managed his daughter's career since he formed the girl group Destiny's Child around Beyonce's prodigious abilities. Both of them stressed that the end of their business relationship would have no bearing on their personal ties.
"I've only parted ways with my father on a business level," Beyonce said in a statement. "He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly. I am grateful for everything he has taught me."
In a separate statement, Matthew Knowles emphasized his commitment to his company, Music World Entertainment, in particular his gospel and inspirational label.
"We did great things together, and I know that she will continue to conquer new territories in music and entertainment," Knowles said. "Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy