The Hispanic College Fund is inviting Virginia high school freshmen and sophomores to apply for the Virginia Hispanic Youth Institute Kickoff, which will be held July 20-23 at Virginia State University in Petersburg.
Students pay $10 for the program; lodging, food and materials will be covered. Students also will be provided transportation.
The application is available online at www.hispanicyouth.org until March 31. Approximately 200 students will be selected.
The program aims to dispel the real and perceived barriers to college access. Over four days and three nights, the students will attend college and career workshops, meet with admissions officers and develop relationships with mentors.
After the kickoff, students are enrolled into year-round programming to reinforce what they've learned. Visit www.hispanicyouth.org or call (202) 296-5400 for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- World Tensions Don't Curb Enthusiasm for Stocks
- Russia Fears Lasting Damage From Ukraine Crisis
- Visa, Amazon Results Drag Down the Street
- U.K. Economy Surpasses Pre-Crisis Peak
- Ohio State Band Chief Fired After Probe
- Shia LaBeouf Plea Deal, Alcoholism Treatment
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile