The Hispanic College Fund is inviting Virginia high school freshmen and sophomores to apply for the Virginia Hispanic Youth Institute Kickoff, which will be held July 20-23 at Virginia State University in Petersburg.
Students pay $10 for the program; lodging, food and materials will be covered. Students also will be provided transportation.
The application is available online at www.hispanicyouth.org until March 31. Approximately 200 students will be selected.
The program aims to dispel the real and perceived barriers to college access. Over four days and three nights, the students will attend college and career workshops, meet with admissions officers and develop relationships with mentors.
After the kickoff, students are enrolled into year-round programming to reinforce what they've learned. Visit www.hispanicyouth.org or call (202) 296-5400 for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes