The Hispanic College Fund is inviting Virginia high school freshmen and sophomores to apply for the Virginia Hispanic Youth Institute Kickoff, which will be held July 20-23 at Virginia State University in Petersburg.
Students pay $10 for the program; lodging, food and materials will be covered. Students also will be provided transportation.
The application is available online at www.hispanicyouth.org until March 31. Approximately 200 students will be selected.
The program aims to dispel the real and perceived barriers to college access. Over four days and three nights, the students will attend college and career workshops, meet with admissions officers and develop relationships with mentors.
After the kickoff, students are enrolled into year-round programming to reinforce what they've learned. Visit www.hispanicyouth.org or call (202) 296-5400 for more information.
Most Popular Stories
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- HBO No Go During 'True Detective' Finale
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Uninsured Rate Continues to Fall
- Colo. Raises $3.5 Million in Pot Revenue
- Kim Jong Un Elected in Remarkable Unanimous Vote
- Neil Young Debuts PonoMusic This Week
- Rodman Calls It Quits With Kim Jong Un
- Growth Expected if Congress Passes Budget