The Amazon Android Appstore opened for business today, and today has the latest Angry Birds game, Angry Birds Rio--for free. However, it'll take some effort to get the Amazon Android Appstore on your phone. Here's a step-by-step guide.
Step one: Go to Amazon.com.
Step two: On the left-hand "departments" menu, float your mouse over "Appstore for Android," then select "apps" from the menu that pops up.
Step three: On the right-hand side, find a "get started" box. Here you enter your email or mobile phone number, which prompt the Amazon Android Appstore to send you "a message with a link to download the Amazon Appstore for Android" via email or text message, respectively.
Step four: In the settings menu, be sure your phone is set to accept apps from "Unknown Sources."
Step five: Download the Amazon Android Appstore application via the text message or email link you were sent.
Step six: Install. Launch. Fill in your Amazon info for easy, Amazon-style purchasing ... and enjoy!
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic