Android Appstore --> The Amazon Android Appstore opened for business today, and today has the latest Angry Birds game, Angry Birds Rio--for free. However, it'll take some effort to get the Amazon Android Appstore on your phone. Here's a step-by-step guide.
Step one: Go to Amazon.com.
Step two: On the left-hand "departments" menu, float your mouse over "Appstore for Android," then select "apps" from the menu that pops up.
Step three: On the right-hand side, find a "get started" box. Here you enter your email or mobile phone number, which prompt the Amazon Android Appstore to send you "a message with a link to download the Amazon Appstore for Android" via email or text message, respectively.
Step four: In the settings menu, be sure your phone is set to accept apps from "Unknown Sources."
Step five: Download the Amazon Android Appstore application via the text message or email link you were sent.
Step six: Install. Launch. Fill in your Amazon info for easy, Amazon-style purchasing ... and enjoy!
Most Popular Stories
- Ex-Mobster to Bulger: Just Say Sorry
- Google Stock Split Ahead
- Guns Are Hot in California
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- Small Businesses Hiring, but Worry About Expense
- OSH Selling Most of Its Stores to Lowe's
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- First Person Cured of AIDS Virus Wants to Help Others
- Home Lending Offices Not Seeing Effects of Pickup
- LULAC Convention Starts With Focus on LGBT Youth