The cast of Stand By Me reunited this week to celebrate the movie's 25th anniversary that will be marked with a special DVD/Blu-ray release.
The original cast, sans the late River Phoneix, reunited at the Falcon Theater in Toluca Lake, Calif., reports UsWeekly.com.
Actors Jerry O'Connell, Corey Feldman and Wil Wheaton, as well as director Rob Reiner and narrator Richard Dreyfuss, were all there to support the anniversary of the movie that was set in the 1950s.
Twenty-five years later the movie holds a large fan base. Stand By Me's Facebook page posts quotes daily from the movie and even asks what would you have said differently if you were in the given situation.
Today's post reads:
"You wanna be the Lone Ranger, or the Cisco Kid?" -- Chris (River Phoenix).
Who did you want to be when you were 12 years old?
River Phoenix died in Los Angeles on Oct. 31, 1993. He was 23.
The movie, based on "The Body," a novella by Stephen King, is about four boys who devise a plan to head into the woods to look for a dead body. The movie is poignant with human interest. Each boy has a different story and life back home, but when they come together their hardships are left behind and their strong friendships carry the film.
See pics of the cast now and then.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power