The Shamrock Shake is a seasonal treat from McDonald's, and there's no better time to enjoy it than on St. Patrick's Day. But just as having too much green beer (or Irish coffee, or Irish whiskey) may cause a hangover if overdone, consumers of the Shamrock Shake on St. Patrick's Day should be careful about how much they indulge. While there's no alcohol, the caloric, fat, and sugar content of the minty treat may give some pause, as might the presence of high-fructose corn syrup.
Shamrock Shake Nutrition
According to the McDonald's nutrition Web site, a 32 oz. Shamrock Shake (the largest size) carries:
26 grams of fat
16 grams of saturated fat
2 grams of transfats
100 mg of cholesterol
360 mg of sodium
164 grams of sugar
Ingredients: Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream: Milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, sodium citrate, artificial vanilla flavor, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, disodium phosphate, cellulose gum, vitamin A palmitate. Shamrock Shake Syrup: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women