The Shamrock Shake is a seasonal treat from McDonald's, and there's no better time to enjoy it than on St. Patrick's Day. But just as having too much green beer (or Irish coffee, or Irish whiskey) may cause a hangover if overdone, consumers of the Shamrock Shake on St. Patrick's Day should be careful about how much they indulge. While there's no alcohol, the caloric, fat, and sugar content of the minty treat may give some pause, as might the presence of high-fructose corn syrup.
Shamrock Shake Nutrition
According to the McDonald's nutrition Web site, a 32 oz. Shamrock Shake (the largest size) carries:
26 grams of fat
16 grams of saturated fat
2 grams of transfats
100 mg of cholesterol
360 mg of sodium
164 grams of sugar
Ingredients: Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream: Milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, sodium citrate, artificial vanilla flavor, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, disodium phosphate, cellulose gum, vitamin A palmitate. Shamrock Shake Syrup: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Sony Entertainment Network Offering Music Unlimited Service In Brazil
- Age is not an obstacle [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- audio reviews [Telegraph-Herald (Dubuque, IA)]
- Taylor Swift wins 8 trophies at Billboard Awards
- It's alive! Cinema from the slums ; A love of cult movies has turned into a semi-regular night of great bad films
- Coens deliver humorous and deeply felt movie
- Cannes festival surges into top gear ; Coen brothers take poll position in the race for the Palme d'Or
- Fred Armisen, Bill Hader bid special farewells to 'Saturday Night Live'
- Swift leads, Miguel hurts fans at Billboard Awards
- Cannes 2013: The musical side of the Coens' 'Inside Llewyn Davis'