The Shamrock Shake is a seasonal treat from McDonald's, and there's no better time to enjoy it than on St. Patrick's Day. But just as having too much green beer (or Irish coffee, or Irish whiskey) may cause a hangover if overdone, consumers of the Shamrock Shake on St. Patrick's Day should be careful about how much they indulge. While there's no alcohol, the caloric, fat, and sugar content of the minty treat may give some pause, as might the presence of high-fructose corn syrup.
Shamrock Shake Nutrition
According to the McDonald's nutrition Web site, a 32 oz. Shamrock Shake (the largest size) carries:
26 grams of fat
16 grams of saturated fat
2 grams of transfats
100 mg of cholesterol
360 mg of sodium
164 grams of sugar
Ingredients: Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream: Milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, sodium citrate, artificial vanilla flavor, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, disodium phosphate, cellulose gum, vitamin A palmitate. Shamrock Shake Syrup: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?