The Shamrock Shake is a seasonal treat from McDonald's, and there's no better time to enjoy it than on St. Patrick's Day. But just as having too much green beer (or Irish coffee, or Irish whiskey) may cause a hangover if overdone, consumers of the Shamrock Shake on St. Patrick's Day should be careful about how much they indulge. While there's no alcohol, the caloric, fat, and sugar content of the minty treat may give some pause, as might the presence of high-fructose corn syrup.
Shamrock Shake Nutrition
According to the McDonald's nutrition Web site, a 32 oz. Shamrock Shake (the largest size) carries:
26 grams of fat
16 grams of saturated fat
2 grams of transfats
100 mg of cholesterol
360 mg of sodium
164 grams of sugar
Ingredients: Vanilla Reduced Fat Ice Cream: Milk, sugar, cream, nonfat milk solids, corn syrup solids, mono- and diglycerides, guar gum, dextrose, sodium citrate, artificial vanilla flavor, sodium phosphate, carrageenan, disodium phosphate, cellulose gum, vitamin A palmitate. Shamrock Shake Syrup: High fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1.
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs
- Obamacare Doing Just Fine, Ky. Governor Says
- Rand Paul Signs up for Obamacare
- Hispanic Employment Improves in November
- U.S. Chamber to Run Ads in Idaho, W.Va.
- U.S. Unemployment Rate Dips to 7 Percent
- Consumer Spending Rises, Incomes Fall
- American Eagle Issues Weak Q4 Outlook
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day